Saturday, July 6, 2013

Independance Day Report.

The fourth of July celebration here is one never to forget.  In the dry state of Utah, I believe many of us do not fully realize just how much we are missing. I know I didn't realize until I came here a few years ago. I speak of Fireworks. Utah's strict law allows only for certain licensed professionals to handle anything bigger than a bottle-rocket.
Not so in the state of Washington.  Here, people buy fireworks as large as those you might see at a city celebration or a rodeo!
 We were here last year or the year before during the fourth, and we had the chance to see one of the displays put on by my aunt's neighbor, who lives on an Indian reservation, which means even fewer restrictions.  The display was spectacular, and it grew in size and intensity until we were convinced it had reached it's climax. But the climax grew still! We watched this unending grand finale for quite a while, and ended up leaving while it was still in progress!
This year we celebrated with fireworks at our cousin's home.  They have a thing here they call "Adult Snappers" which is much like the small snappers you throw to make noise, only these are just as loud as firecrackers. And they look like very small sticks of dynamite.

 The family had a great time with this unheard of entertainment, and the displays all around were beautiful.

Here is a video of our neighbor warming up.





 
Across the Sound the whole horizon was  aglow with a constant barrage of fireworks. I took this video, and although the quality is poor, it gives you an idea of just how many fireworks were going off at the same time. This was the same intensity of display all along the coast in both directions.
 
 
 Lydia's favorite by far were the sparklers. She had the time of her life.
 


I love our national anthem. Its words and message are so poetic! I would like to end this post with the final verse of that Hymn. I think they should sing this verse at all events where it is traditionally sung.
 What a Glorious message!

"O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation.
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment