Thursday, July 4, 2013

Logos Cubed. The Blog

Finally! I have told myself countless times that I should old true to my word, but I am very careless when it comes to protecting my honor.  since the early days of fall last year I have told people of my eminent blog, but it has come to nothing. Until now!

The first and paramount obligation of a potential blogger in writing--and expecting to be read by his friends and peers--is to put forward his reasons for taking up the endeavor.
 Reason first.
This is the very late fruits of a challenge given by Sam Martineau in his elite Orem Class. Me being somewhat of a procrastinator, I have not gotten around to it until now.

Reason Second.
In the past year or so, I have been writing extensively on different Ideas and concepts. These philosophical concepts been very interesting to me, and I am completely confidant that they will be at least somewhat paletable for many of you.
For example, one of my first essays or "Thoughts" I will share is on the origin of the magnificent power of music on the emotions on matter. specifically on the humans race.
Another is on the importance of solitude. other themes will include: political philosophies, "big questions" , Theology,  book reports/discussions, curiosities, nature, questions aroused by daily experiences, and some other topics brought up by friends and mentors. 
I would be greatly interested in any topics you would like to hear more about. If you think I would be interested in something, please tell me of it, and I will add it to my list.

Reason third:
I would like to hear your thoughts on these topics .
This is the main reason for starting this blog. To  have a place where I can put forth Ideas, and here what you all have to say about it. After all. That is the best way to learn and improve understanding.

Reason fourth:
This will be a great place for me to keep you all posted of the goings on in the notorious Brown Family.

If any of you would like this blog to include anything else on a regular basis please notify me. I am completely open for suggestions seeing as I do not have a very high quality social networking background.

An Explanation of the Name.
Before I explain the queer name of this blog, I would like to hear some of your thoughts on what meaning can be inscribed in it.

I goal is to entertain, enlighten, understand, and up date.
 Thank you for your participation.

Post Script

Being on vacation, I will not be able to begin with writing actual essays and thoughts until august.
But I will be posting pictures and stories in the present.


4 comments:

  1. Look forward to your thoughts and idea's. You are a great person. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're funny Jacob. Taking Logos to mean logic, or "the rational principle that governs and develops the universe" or reason, then "Logos Cubed" could mean logic in a box, or it could mean analyzing three-dimensional reason (metaphorically speaking), but my guess is that you mean "cubed" as it is in math, making "Logos Cubed" Logos to the third power, or logic and reason to the third power. Clever :)

    After Thought:
    If logos means the rational principles that govern the universe... does that mean that pathos refers to the irrational ones? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa, I will always be amazed by your intellectual insights.
    You are definitely on the right track. That is the idea that started it .

    ReplyDelete